NOW HERE'S ANOTHER HIT BARRY BONDS... Hit Counter
"They play it safe... Are quick to assassinate what they do not understand... They move in packs... ingesting more & more fear with every act of hate on one another. They feel most comfortable in groups, less guilt to swallow. They are us... this is what we have become... Afraid to respect the individual... A single person within a circumstance can move one to change... to love his or herself... To Evolve!!!"- Erykah Badu. GOD Bless!

STORE 1

STORE 1
University of Toledo's N.E.X. Boutique

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NEW MUSIC "JANELLE MONAE FT. BIG BOI" TIGHT ROPE



Tightrope’ deals with balance. Early on in my career, and even now, it’s a daily struggle to stay balanced and not get too high or too low. It was something that I hadn’t really heard in a song. If I was telling somebody how to make it through life, I would definitely tell them that balance is important. You can’t get too high on praises and you can’t get too low on any one situation. I wanted that song to be an empowerment song. I wanted people to find their inner confidence and to feel more self-empowered in understanding that they have to stay more balanced in life. That was my goal. James Brown influenced it, of course. I wanted it to be that 2010 beyond anthem—that classic song that you can go to in any moment when you feel like things are out of control in life. That’ll be your little medicine.---JANELLE MONAE

No comments:

Post a Comment